Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Random collection...


Lots of lovely Granny Christmas Stocking patterns
are now in my shop...


Not forgetting
Rosie Rabbit patterns too...


Not one of my best photos...
But this is a shot of my Granny Flats artwork
hanging in the little shop in town...


This gorgeous round vintage tin storage cupboard...
That I have been in love with the day I saw it...
has been sold by it's current owners...

I will very very much miss it...
I have loved seeing it whenever I have popped into the little shop...
It is, I am sure, a great conversion starter...

Lets just say if I would have know there was a possibility of purchasing it
I would have saved up all of my
pocket money...

Note to self...In future when someone says something is not for sale
don't assume it will not be in the future...

It is going to spend it's days with a nice family in Western Australia thou...
Which does sound sweet...

I have see one a long time ago at an antique shop
and the owner said he knew of only 3 others...
But I would love to find out more...
They are just so unique...

If anyone has seen one of these cupboards thou and has any history on them
I would love to know...
I have google searched over the years but came up with...zero...


8 comments:

antikva said...

I know what that is! don't where to get one but they were bush tucker/ food safes by Metter from the early 1900's. I could look in the antique/vintage shops here for you & keep an eye out. My grandad had one but it had a flycover made from mesh on top when I last saw it [ don't ask how long ago as I was a kid] haven't seen one in a shop for years though, sorry :( last time I saw one would have been early 80's in Townsville.

antikva said...

You can delete this comment when you see it but I found this one on ebay . http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Antique-Rotating-Bush-Pantry-Metters-RARE-LAYBY-AVAILABLE-ALL-ITEMS-/180669991122#ht_2048wt_1139

annie said...

Oh, those bunnies are divine. I will be making one ASAP for a lucky 2 year old!

Crissi said...

So beautiful works,
ciao Crissi

Unknown said...

oohh i really like those crochet stockings there beautiful i haven't seen any like that. dee x

Anonymous said...

I adore the stocking but I didn't see the pattern on your Etsy page. Am I missing it? Can you post the link. I know a few good boys and girls who could hang this stocking the the chimney with care! ;-)

Michelle said...

Thanks "Ouradvocate...
I have just re-listed some more patterns...

Z. Ági said...

I can't find it on Etsy. :(
I love these stockings, I would like to buy your pattern if still possible. :)